Resolving HP Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- For Windows computer: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. For Mac devices: Use diagnose & fix through HP Smart.
- Now run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, press Start, and then select your printer.
- If you do not see you printer listed, switch it on and press Retry.
- If you see any connection problem, follow the instruction in the tool.
- Press Yes and continue when you see display prompts to turn on printer updates.
- If you see prompt to make your printer the default printer, press Yes and continue.
- If you still face printer offline problem follow HP Printers-Printer is Offline
Are you having trouble with your HP printer, product, service or solution? Is it saying it's offline?
Learning how to switch HP printers from offline to online can be done easily and quickly. The HP Print Scan Doctor diagnostic tool, as well as manual troubleshooting steps, can help you do this for Deskjet, OfficeJet, Envy, and PhotoSmart printers on Windows.
Resolving Prints jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Mac: Use Diagnose & Fix through HP Smart App
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, press Start, and the select your printer. Turn your printer ON and Click Retry if printer is not listed.If you face any connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Press Fix Printing.
Why Is My HP Printer Showing Offline Status?
Ensure “Use Printer Offline” Mode Is Not Selected
HP wireless printer normally goes offline if “Use printer in offline mode” is selected. Hence a user must confirm that this option is not selected. Follow simple steps as shown below:
- Choose the ‘start-menu’-press on settings.
- Select ‘devices’-’printers and scanners’
- Now from the listed printers, choose and make a right click on HP printer.
- From main menu, uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline”. You will see HP printer back in online mode.
Make sure that your HP printer is “ Set as default printer” to sort HP printer offline problem
If your HP printer goes offline on your windows regularly on Windows 10 or any other operating system, then follow mentioned troubleshooting steps:
- Press on Windows button and enter “RUN”. Now enter “Control Panel” in the dialogue box and press ‘OK’.
- Now hit ‘Device and Printer’ option after that you will witness your listed HP printer. If you notice, that your printer has a green check mark, it indicates that your printer is already ‘set as default’.
If printer is not clicked then, click on the option of “Set as a default printer”.
Now you will see your printer successfully work and printer offline problem will not trouble you anymore.
Check Printer Driver- Uninstall or Reinstall Updated Version
One of the main cause of showing HP printer offline is corrupted or outdated driver. Follow stepwise information to install drivers on Windows:
- Find Device Manager on Windows Search and press Enter.
Now expand the section where it refers ‘Printers’.
Now expand the section where it refers ‘Printers’From the expanded section, search for your printer’s model and ‘make a ‘Right Click’ on it press on ‘Update Driver’ option.
Now click on ‘search automatically’ option and wait for sometimes for updating of printer drivers. After update completes successfully, restart your computer once. Once you are done with above troubleshooting steps, you will never face the same situation wherein your HP printer goes offline in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
Whenever HP Printer Spooler is stopped, HP printer displays offline message. Follow mentioned steps to resolve:
- Open ‘Run’ dialog box and type “Services.msc” and press “OK”.
- From the listed items, locate the “Print Spooler” option.
- Make a right click on it and choose “Stop” option to stop the print spooler services.
- Now click on the address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer’ and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and hit on ‘OK’.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Now, go back to “Print Spooler” and right click on it and choose “Start” option to resume the spooler service again.
Now, restart your computer and printer and your issue of “HP printer Says offline” will be resolved.
Other Important Factors to consider when ‘HP Printer Shows Offline’
- While using a wireless connection, ensure that your HP printer and computer are connected with same Wi-Fi network.
- In case of a wired connection, ensure if both USB cable’s both end are properly connected to printer and computer.
- Issue with Wi-Fi connectivity is other reasons for the printer showing offline.
- Other factor for the HP printer to be offline is that its IP address is not configured properly in the laptop or the desktop.
HP Printer shows offline or not responding properly?
Are you facing issues such as your HP Printer being offline or not responding, or print job stuck in queue? Get easy to follow steps from experts to quickly resolve these issues. In case you need further technical assistance, contact HP Technical Support for more help.
HP Instant Ink support
HP Instant Ink has many helpful resources and tips if you're looking for assistance. Check them out for more details!
Scanner Not Working Windows 11
You might experience issues with your printer after upgrading to Windows 11. Get the most out of it by uninstalling & reinstalling the software and drivers from 123.hp.com/setup. This should make sure that your printer works as expected again.